Old August 11th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default The Germans can do it. Why can't we?

In article >, Rob wrote:
> Our interstates should be like this. According to everything I have
> read, their accident rates are no higher than ours. They may even be
> lower.
> .
> http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att...tm#speedlimits

The thing you don't seem to grasp, when speed limits are used, they make
sense there. Have you driven any part of the Autobahn at all? I have. I'd
rather drive in congested traffic on the autobahn in a construction
zone than about 90% of the interstate driving I do here given my past
experience.