Old July 24th 05, 06:47 AM
gary

Hi Ted, yes I see your contribution on page 4. I noted your writing on
pushing the filter hard to snap it in place. I did not know how hard I
should push as it was willing to stay there with some friction from the O
ring. Many might have left it like that. You said to push it hard so I did
and it snapped into place. My Hayes manual was very vague on that. In fact
they did not mention an O ring like you did. Thank you for that - as when
the old filter dropped into my oil pan I had a look at it - no O ring, I
looked in the hole, no O ring. The new one had an oil ring and I remember
you said there was one so I looked around in the oil pan and found it
confirming that I should use an O ring.

Yes I know you recommend an external tranny cooler - probably a good idea on
all Chrysler products. I got the trailer towing package that comes with the
factory tranny cooler so I'm ok there. 5-1/2 years and the tranny is still
going.

BTW should I have found metal particles on the bottom of the tranny? I was
quite surprised at how clean the pan was considering I had never changed the
fluid before. Very little sticking to the magnet. BTW next edition of your
tips, you might mention to remember to replace the magnet after cleaning the
pan, for the odd weekend mechanic like me. I lined up the pan after putting
the sealant on and ran a couple of bolts into it when I had the sinking
thought that I didn't remember replacing the magnet........ added a little
extra work.....sigh.

Gary