Old February 24th 05, 05:28 AM
Universal Soldier

C.H. wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:44:02 -0800, Universal Soldier wrote:
>
>> If I have the right of way, like on an X intersection with a minor road,
>> where the minor road has stop signs, mine does not. If someone is making
>> a left turn from the minor road onto my road, but his movement is blocked
>> by cars in front of him. Is it legal for me to hit his car?

> Fortunately not ('failure to avoid an accident', insurance fraud, possibly
> manslaughter).

So, by your logic, it's perfectly OK for the driver of the second car (left
to right) to stand there and wait for the third car to pass? If he gets hit
by the first car, it's the first car's driver's 'failure to avoid an
accident' ? So we can all start driving like car #2 ?

***************|*******|*
***************|*******|*
***************|*******|*
***************|*******|*****************
***************|*******|*****************
===============*-- ****=================*
************************8|||<************
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -**
***********>|||8***_*****************************

I should have qualified what I mean by "legal". By legal I mean when the
accident is not judged to be my fault. If car #1 collides with car #2,
blocking its way, whose fault will the accident be (assuming no one was
speeding, the weather and visibility are great)