Old October 5th 04, 03:46 AM
John Horner

> Just wondering, since they're so adamant about not changing the breakin
> oil
> too soon (I plan at 5K) - if one did need to top off a little, what would
> they use? Is is just standard Honda 5w20? Just that plus additives?
> Something else?

Exxon SuperFlo 5W-20 seems to have characteristics very similar, if not
identical, to the Honda branded oil you would buy at a dealership parts
counter. This makes sense since Exxon-Mobil is the supplier for Honda USA.

Any top quality 5W-20 oil would probably do you just fine. Look for
notations on the label somewhere that the oil meets Ford specification
WSS-M2C153-H . This is the tightest published spec I know of for 5W-20
motor oils.

John