Old July 20th 04, 01:23 AM
Simon

Default Power Steering Hoses

Sigh,

It seems that my A4 has developed a leak in the power steering hoses.
My car is an A4 1.8T right hand drive manufactured in September 2000.
The car is now at 71,000 Kilometers.

Q1: Can these leaks be repaired or do I have to change the hoses?

Q2: If I have to change the hoses can I use a hose from a US spec car
in my UK spec auto? My Dealer says that the US and UK hoses are
different because are designed to accommodate the right hand and left
hand drive steering setups.

Q3: If I can not use the US hose can someone recommend a good online
UK parts dealer?

Q4: What is a reasonable price for the hose? I know there are
several hoses. My dealer did not specify but I am assuming that it is
the - pump to rack - hose as this is the unit that seems to operate
at highest pressure.

As Always - Many Thanks To All.

Simon