Old February 1st 04, 03:35 PM
Steve

Default 1949 Chevrolet 3100 Truck - How to Identify Carb

How can I identify whether I have a Carter or a Rochester carb in my
1949 Chevy 3100? I am pretty sure it has the original 216 6 cyl. The
carb that is on the engine is a single barrel on the drivers side of
the block with the fuel bowl on the radiator side of the carb and the
linkages on the firewall side. Are there any pictures online showing
the differences? Which manfuacturer did Chevy use as original
equipment?

I have boght this truck as a project and am trying to learn more about
it.

Thanks for the help.

Steve Cooper