Old May 9th 05, 12:05 PM
Chris S

Default 146: Very noisey clutch!

Hi

my clutch on my 1997 146 1.6ts has been noisey for about a year now ,
when you depress the pedal theres like a a "sssssshhh" sound which goes
away when you life the pedal again.

thats been happening for about a year now and doesn't seem to be
getting any worse , but in the past couple of weeks theres been that
noise plus a metal against metal tapping / rubbing noise on occasions,
which i can actually feel on the pedal, it sounds horrible, but goes
away when you lift the pedal.

everything else feels ok, car changes gear ok, clutch isn't slipping or
anything like that, the gear change is fine!

does it sound like a new clutch is on it's way!? , or could it be
something inside the clutch that needs changing/fixing , i've been
quoted about =A3400 for a new clutch which is a bit steep!

thanks

Chris