Old March 6th 05, 08:47 PM

Apparently on date Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:07:35 -0000,

said:

>> This is mainly about being polite. I'm fairly sure uk.misc and alt.autos.bmw
>> will be the same, but it's definitely true in uk.rec.cars.misc

>No, in uk.misc we don't bother being polite. If top-posting continues
>after a couple of friendly mentions, everybody yells abuse and then
>killfiles the perp.

Yeah yeah, and I also know there's no rules about top posting either, but
there's an element of "not wanting that to happen".

Blind Cervidae about uk.misc, natch. For all I know it's the norm.

I'm trying real hard not to comment about alt.autos.bmw around now.

(But I'll bet there is nothing in any uk.misc charter about top posting, at
all, or anywhere *much* else with a charter, because it's always been common
sense from BBS days onwards, for bandwidth and quoting reasons, and was only
*really* a problem when Microsoft, bless their cotton ad-hoc standards, decided
to make it recommended netiquette (mainly to save being able to quote in a
coherent sense when the "page width" depended on the printer of the viewer.))

Is this suitably miscreant?