Old February 28th 05, 01:23 AM
Dean Dark

On 27 Feb 2005 16:28:29 -0800, "Michael Low" >
wrote:

>Have you had the car long? If the liquid is clear, not oily and has no
>smell then it is water. My E39 will drain its A/C condensation onto
>the garage floor around an area just forward and below the gear shift
>lever. That's what's intended.
>
>It does that even in Winter. We have real Winters here and sure enough
>there was a small puddle there just a couple of weeks ago. I leave my
>A/C on to clear humidity from the cabin.

Thanks for the idea, but no, this is not a/c condensate water, it sat
on the floor without drying up for more than a day which is what drew
my attention to it. It's a clear fluid (like water) but it's like a
light oil in consistency. I'll check the power steering reservoir, as
Mr. Plowman suggested, once I figure out where it is. It's not listed
in the drivers' handbook...
--
Dean Dark