Old August 27th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jeffcoslacker[_35_]

Default Car shaking after changing spark plugs

Wei Hu Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I replaced the six spark plugs of my 94 Ford Taurus.
> However, when I stop for red lights, the car shakes every one or two
> seconds.
> Does anybody know the reason?
> Could it be that I didn't adjust the gap?
>
> Thanks,
> Wei

I'll cocurr with the others...cracked insulator or damaged plug wire
most likely, gap not so much so, but possible...if they were platinum
plugs with the preset gap, they are rarely ever wrong...the electrode
is tough as hell and doesn't bend easily..

I agree also, Bosch Plats are crap, I'd throw them away if that's what
you got, get Motorcraft or Autolite for it...

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638

http://www.automotiveforums.com