Old March 11th 05, 10:38 PM
Dave C.

"The Office Jet" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Nothing makes me more angry than when someone parks in a handicap spot
> without being handicapped. One of my best friends is in a wheelchair
> for the rest of his life and has to use those spots. If he had to go
> to the bank and this moron had parked there, he'd be out of luck. Some
> people have absolutley no respect for others.

I agree with your side, but can speak from a different point of view as
well. A few years ago, I spotted a HUGE full-size pickup truck with
handicap plates. The truck was modified so that the suspension was lifted.
(The truck was taller than it was when it left the factory.) It had tires
the size of a small car. It was like a back-yard "monster" truck. With
handicapped plates. Parked in a handicapped spot. I'm a tall man who is
not handicapped in any way. I would have needed a ladder to climb into this
truck, if I owned it. Standing on my tip-toes, I could barely see over the
edge of the door. When I looked inside, I noticed it was a MANUAL
transmission. Maybe the driver really was handicapped, but obviously in NO
way that would require him/her park in a special spot closer to the entrance
of a building. So why were the handicap plates issued? Did the DMV not
notice the type of vehicle or the fact that it was manual transmission and
modified to be EXTREMELY hard to get into? -Dave