Old June 27th 05, 10:43 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article <jp2ve.1975$Uc2.1677@trnddc03>, says...

>Theres a spray which makes your license plate super reflective whereas the
>camera will blind itself from its own flash thus making your plate appear
>washed out or overexposed.

What about during the day when there is no flash? Has anyone actually tested
this miracle spray or are they just repeating the manufacturers advertising
hype?

>Another product is a lens which covers your plate so it is visible straight
>on but at angles parts of the numbers blacked out. I got a $50 ticket for
>having this on my car fro obscuring my plate!.

I know that in NY state any cover, even plain old clear plastic with no
pretension of defeating red light cameras, is illegal.

>In my city they have the yellow times set .1 second below federal guidelines
>and a lot of us got off. The guidelines are 3.0-6.0 seconds of yellow time.

How did you figuer that out? .1 second is an awfully short period of time
to try to time by hand.

>You wont get off the ticket even if you move out of the way of an ambulance.
>Seen it.

Here in NYC moving for an emergency vehicle is a valid excuse. You still have
to waste a day of your time going to the 'court' to take care of this.

>You also should get used to the idea of making yellow your color of choice
>for stopping in addition to red.

This is often impractical.

>Sure you'll get ass-ended one of these
>times, but you'll not be at fault for stopping.

I rather be wrong and not in accident than being right and getting rear ended.

>There are other products like a system that flashes back. The red light
>camera guys have made flashless cameras to defeat all that.

Again, I don't see this working during daytime hours.

>You could program your GPS to remind you your approaching an intersection
>with one of those cameras or learn to get good with a paintball gun.

Interesting idea.

Alex