Old November 3rd 04, 06:45 PM
Tony

This is an I5? yes?

The screwdriver through the cam sprocket is a VERY high risk approach. (Belt can
break and bend valves > pull head)

Another high risk idea is a screwdriver in the timing hole to hold the flywheel
teeth. (Break teeth > pull the trans)

Some make their own tool for holding the crank. Others have had success by
wrapping a strong rope around the dampener pulley.

I recommend buying the TB kit from one of the on-line sources like
Blaufergnugen. When you buy from them you can rent the tools for about $30 and
return when done. They do ask for a BIG deposit until returned but you can trust
that they will credit it when returned.