Old January 21st 05, 02:18 AM
Jim Warman

Two possibilities come to mind.... the first is that the ball stud bracket
replacement is dependent on which ones your car is fitted with. If yours has
beauty bolts visible from the outside, they should have been changed, if
not, there is another problem that isn't covered under the campaign. The
other possibility is that some individual, somewhere is sluffing - when
installing the new ball stud brackets, it is real easy to get the back
window to explode. Two of them in our shop in the last while. Perhaps
someone, somewhere just isn't into living dangerously...

As for anyone sluffing off on their job... that is a problem with all of
society, not mechanics in general nor dealerships specifically.

"JaWise" > wrote in message
> I got the recall done on my explorer yesterday for the rear glass. It

doesn't
> look to me like they have done anything to fix the problem with the

brackets
> for the strut rotating and the strut popping off? Has anyone else had

this
> done? I thought they were installing some kind of redesigned brackets to

fix
> this. I've had to have mine fixed twice already for the struts popping

off