Old September 16th 04, 10:14 AM
DesmaisonLCM

Dans l'article <R%%1d.1854$L43.90@amstwist00>, "Alfistagj"
>a écrit :

>That's one of the reasons why diesel cars often come with an auxilary
>interior heater.
>The engines are so fuel efficient that they heat up very slowly, even that
>slow that they can only very limited heat up the interior in winter.
>I guess 70dgr is a normal temperature when the ambient temperatures are not
>really summerly and you don't keep asking full power hours after another!

Full agree with you, new diesel engine, especialy with "common rail" like JTD
and HDI are design to work at low temp, near 70°C.
Now a lot af cars are equiped with this auxilary interior heater, even in
France witch is not a very cold country in winter.
A petrol engine must run near 90°c but not a diesel one.

Bruno.