Old August 7th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Joe[_6_]

Default 2001 "S" series?

>I didnt mean to sound abrasive, lol, but you didnt give us a whole lot to
>go
> by there , Joe, if ya leave us guessing, youll problably get the wrong
> answer. :-)

Sorry. I'm so used to people on the newsgroups being abrasive that it's a
conditioned response from me I guess. My apologies to you.

wish I had more info to give you.

> quote: Any issues like the 1995 "oil burner" I've got now or something
> similar that
> would make me want to avoid this car?
>
> so, yea, you do want specific info on the oil burning issue and it is a
> common question here and other Saturn boards, thats why I said to hit that
> search button . Theres more info available on that than I can type.
>
> Anyways, now that you gave me more of a clue, you are talking about (and I
> still have no clue as to what you are currently driving) you are referring
> to a SW2, twin cam engine 124 hp, wagon. 2001, 2002 saw a model upgrade,
> but
> the 1.9L remains primarily the same as before.

I'm currently driving a 1995 SL1 with oil burning issues.

I'm currently borrowing the 2002 SW2 wagon. Definitely has more HP.
Haven't found the high MPH limit yet, but I would guess it is higher than
the 105 or 115 that the SL1 had... I doubt I'll play that wild anytime
soon.

> It has been reported that some earlier 1.9L TC engines would burn oil. I
> have had 3 and they never burned oil. I guess it all depends. Also find
> out
> more about how the former owner treated his SW2, that will tell you alot.
> Hope that helps, Best of luck.

Previous owner is family - this the great deal if I decide to go with it.
Only downsides are that my 1995 has power windows, cruise, and is a stick.
The wagon is manual everything (how the heck do they expect you to adjust
the passenger mirror!) and doesn't have cruise.

I drive EVERYWHERE on cruise so this is a real shock to me. Plus, it's a
lazy automatic. Also has less leg room which is a real bummer since I drive
70 miles a day minimum in NJ traffic.
--

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"