Old October 16th 04, 01:12 AM
Thomas Malmevik

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Wolfgang wrote:

> $3-4k would put her in a safe Toyota or Honda. I hate to see new drivers
> start off in a 30 year old car. A VW is great for weekend and occasion dive
> back and forth to work but not as a daily driver. Isn't it cold and rainy
> in Wash state - bad environment for air cooled VW. Is that what she or her
> dad wants?

I whole heartedly disagree with you Wolfgang. A ACVW makes a great
daily driver. They are economical with gas, handle well even in the snow
and rain, and are fun to drive. I have had 13 of them over the years and
everyone has been a daily driver. With the addition of a 12 volt fan in
the curcuit, the heaters are great. Washington state is a great
environment for an ACVW. I always suggest them as a good car to have.
Thanks for your thoughts.

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik