Old December 30th 04, 10:07 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:48:18 GMT, "Larry Scholnick"
> wrote:

>Here's the situation:
>
>The parking lot is nearly full.
>A Nice New car is parked almost a foot over the left-side line into the next parking space.
>There's enough room for me to park entirely within the lines of the (remaining) space.
>There's at least an inch of clearance between my right-side mirror and his left-side mirror.
>My car is in decent shape; it's about 3 years old.
>
>Should I take the space, or keep on looking?

Take the space, leaving as little room as possible between your cars.
Then see if you're too close to open your door (you probably already
know you are, but you should really make sure - when it doesn't work
the first time, open it a few more times, pushing harder and harder to
see if the other car won't move.)