Old January 2nd 05, 04:39 AM
Mac

"Mike64Bug" > wrote in message
link.net...
>> I replaced all the intake gaskets and seals and had it purring like a
>> kitten about a month ago (had an intake leak).

> What were the symptoms you had that when you had a vacuum leak and
> replaced the intake gaskets? It sounds like what you
> may have now, an intake manifold leak. If the engine won't run except
> with the choke closed then it's getting its air
> from somewhere.(else)

Well when I had the intake leak it wouldn't idle well at all but it sure
didn't make my eyes water with the gas fumes out of the exhaust. Also I
fixed the intake leak with all new gaskets and boots and have only driven it
around my block a couple of times. That was about a month ago and the carb
behaved correctly and allowed me to tune it to specs right out of every book
I have read. This leads me to believe something else, which has nothing to
do w/ the carb, that is the problem.

TIA

Mac