Old June 1st 05, 03:26 PM
Anumber1

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a pair of nice cast aluminum valve covers for the '74 Chev
> truck 350 in my street rod. Both have identical PCV holes so the valve
> can be placed on either side depending on application. On mine, the
> driver side has a rubber grommet for the valve and the passenger side
> has a rubber plug. Both parts are too deteriorated to use. Problem
> is, my local Chevy dealer can order the grommet but they have no
> listing for the plug. I've looked for an after-market plug but I
> haven't found one that fits. I really want to use the covers so I'm
> thinking of putting a grommet and valve in each side and connecting
> them to the intake with a "T" fitting. Is there any reason I
> should NOT do this?

Yes,
A PCV system has to draw fresh air into the crankcase somehow.
The traditional arraignment is to use a PCV valve on one side and a Breather
/ intake filter on the other to provide the clean air supply. Two vacuum
sources leave no way to introduce the fresh air.

--
Alan Gallacher
Born to Tinker!