Old February 24th 05, 10:42 PM
P.J. Berg

> Here's a thought.
>
> Anyboy used synthetic oil and what do you think of it? I've just
> overhauled a motor but didn't go into the case, just new pistons and
> cylinders. I seem to remember you couldn't use synthetic oil straight
> out of the gate. Someone please refresh my memory and give me the
> benifit of your experience.
>
> Should I break it in with something else first? Or should I even
> consider synthetics?
>
> Thanks,
> <><
> TC

Always break in with mineral oil, accelerate and decelerate hard just
after start up, this is critical as the window of opportunity is narrow.

This is to seat the piston rings while there is a slight rough honing
structure left in the cylinders.

Barely let it warm up before accelerate/decelerate using 1/3 throttle in
second gear, repeat three times.

Repeat three times using 1/2 throttle and then finally full whack three
times.

As you can see you need a piece of straight road, and no other vehicles
around..

This is not BS, I have seen comparative pics of motorcycle
engines(Pistons), and it really works!

Less blow by and higher compression.

J.