Old February 24th 05, 10:35 PM
tricky

dont know about beaking it in but the main reson for not using sythetic
oil is cost.
Synthetics have the advantage of not breaking down, but in an air cooled
VDub you still have to replace it ever 1000 - 3000 miles depending on
driving /climate conditions. More where breaking in !!
So it will get costly compared to organic oil which is perfectly able to
last the recomended milage.

Rich