Old March 7th 05, 05:43 AM
motsco_ _

phelper wrote:
> I have a 99 Civic EX, and I'm curious if there are any aftermarket
> stereo systems that will replace the existing Honda stereo and allow
> me to retain usage of my remote keyless entry system? I'm interested
> in a stereo system that will play CD-R/CD-RW/Mp3 discs... And if it
> supports Sirius, even better (don't konw squat about that yet...).
>
> Thanks.

Good question . . Some Civics lose the use of the keyless AND the dome
light, since it's all routed thru the radio. I can't remember, but I
think the site that uses to give that info away now charges for it. Some
folks stick the old stereo down behind the glove box to retain the
keyless features, and put a 'splitter' harness to hook up the new
stereo. Good thing you're looking into it very carefully before leaping.

'Curly'