Old March 1st 05, 03:28 PM

Jack Idler wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > preedRI wrote:
> > > I have the exact same problem happening on my 93 plymouth

> > sundance/duster,
> > > but its a recent problem. Do you think my barrings are also the

> > problem,
> > > and if so how can i fix it?

> > 46 posts???? WOW, I wish I had this much response to my MS Access
> > problem..
> >
> > Anyways, the problem was the front right bearing.
> >
> > And the winner is, Maxpower (Goog thing too, I don't need to send

him
> > the bill)
> >
> > Thanks everyone!
> >
> > Don
> >

> 47, 48, 49....
>
> Well, maybe the real winner is you.
>
> I'd be interested in knowing about the repair. Any comment on how

bad the
> bearing really was? Any wheel looseness? Any effort by the repairer

> verify your suspicions about which bearing it was?
>
> TIA

I looked over the wheel pretty good before I ever posed the question
here. The wheel was fine, no movement or play at all. The steering
was also fine and the car drove straight. All we had was the noise.

I finally took it to a shop and had them put the bearing in because I
could not get the axle nut off (that's a story all in itself). I had
everything else off but that. They had a little trouble with that, but
otherwise no news from the shop....... oh, except for the fact, they
said I need new brakes, caliper, and the disc turned ($300).

Don