Old February 14th 05, 05:51 PM
Sportster4Eva

Lawrence Glickman wrote:
<snipple>

> I don't know if anybody else is responding to this message, but
> a) contact the authorities ANYHOW
> b) your metal chassis is a good Faraday Shield agains Radio Frequency
> radiation, but the window glass isn't. So it is possible some kind of
> RF Security System ( obviously HIGH POWER ) is doing this, but not
> likely.
>
> The only RF I know of that will do that is an Amateur Radio Linear
> Amplifier running at a full 1.5 kilowatts Peak to Peak, because -I-
> have done worse with such a rig, although not intentionally.
>
> IOW, there is some kind of antenna putting out an enormous amount of
> RF, an absolutely almost dangerous amount of RF, in order to do that.
>
> Have it checked out by _somebody_ no 2 ways about it.
>
> Lg
> KD9OZ

Lg,
Do you think the FCC would investigate this if he contacted them.
I mean, if it weren't just some security system or something on that
premesis, the FCC boys have equipment to identify type and source of the
offending RF. I know they frown on illegal transmitters operating at
high power. I'm curious to know what is causing this. It does not sound
like his auto is the cause (low power in the keyring transmitter or
something like that)

--
Paul
'91 XL1200 '77 GL1000 (W.I.P.)