Old July 7th 05, 08:20 PM
Ulf

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Ulf wrote:
>

>>>That's nice. But the concept collaspes with the first MFFY driver or
>>>enabler.

>>Nope, I let two people ahead of me today at one of these merges, no-one
>>got upset.

> How would you know? Most people don't bother honking. I don't. But I
> still don't like enablers.

Well, obviously I don't actually know, and I don't really care either.
But the thing is that the traffic I merged with had already, which I
noticed today driving the stretch, suffered another merge just ~100 feet
earlier. So obviously they weren't too keen on keeping a distance to the
car ahead, and while I could have taken "my" space, ramming the car into
the ditch, that would definitely have resulted in a long, or very short,
conversation with my boss about using the company trucks as bumper
cars... :-)

>>>I've gotten to the point where I've learned that all road signs are
>>>meaningless. In the chicago area these signs would be totally ignored.

>>LOL.

> It's completely true. I realized this once seeing semis and box trucks in
> the slip lanes of 90/94 became common.

"Slip lanes", are we talking tolls here?

Ulf