Old March 8th 05, 01:35 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 3/6/2005 8:55 AM, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:04:01 -0800, Garth Almgren >
> wrote:
>
>>Cops turn a deaf ear

> Pun intended?

Definitely. "Blind eye" didn't seem to work nearly as well.

>>when it comes to loud motorcycles, probably because they've swallowed
>>that stupid "loud pipes save lives" myth hook, line, and sinker.

> Hmm...
>
> If cops believe that, then maybe we can convince them that "Sloth
> Kills," too...

Too late, since they've already been convinced that "speed kills," and
it's *really* difficult to get them to let go of a myth once they've
grabbed on with both hands.

It's not just cops, either; same goes for just about everyone, I'd guess.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.