Old August 23rd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Larry[_4_]

Default Replacement Glass ? Giant Glass: Opinions On ?

The term OEM glass applies to many manfacturers. Honda, depending on the
plant of manufacture uses PPG and Asahi (Japanese mfg). Honda also uses
another American made brand, whose name escapes me. In general, OEM glass
is made by various manufacturers who produce glass for the new car industry.
Aftermarket glass includes some of the cheap Chinese made glass.
Structurally, they all have to meet DOT safety requirements, but the cheaper
glass does have lower quality of optics.

news