Old August 20th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Default Replacement Glass ? Giant Glass: Opinions On ?

My 91 Civic's front windshield got hit really bad last year
so I had it replaced. I called around for a few hours,
including asking my insurance company who they used, and
ended up with Safelite. They came to my house the next day,
on time. The young man had the job done in 45 minutes.
Safelite charged me the previously quoted price of $220.

In the past year I believe I have seen lower quotations for
the cost and counsel to shop around. I know around once a
month I get mailed a bunch of coupons, and usually a few
"auto glass replacement" companies advertise this way.

Also, I have not yet read anything that convinces me that
OEM is necessary. The Safelite glass has a guarantee on it,
as well.

Of course, my Honda is old and nothing fancy is needed.

How much does Giant want?

Have you checked your insurance on this?

"Robert11" > wrote