Old August 6th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mark[_2_]

Default Automatic Locks

I am pretty sure you can turn off the feature- you just need to find a
private party with a VAG-COM scan tool. Or find a dealer with a more
reasonable attitude toward customer service. Better yet, seek out a
private garage that specializes in Volkswagen and/or foreign cars.

I recently purchased a 2003 Jetta and noticed that unlike my 2001
Passat, the doors, once auto-locked did not unlock when I pulled the
key out. I borrowed the scan tool and turned on the setting for
"Auto-Unlock". Presto. My doors still autolock because My wife wanted
them that way but I recall there is also a 'on/off switch' for that
feature.

Another thought... you could try looking at other online groups such as
tdiclub.com or vwvortex.com or bentleypublishers.com. You might be
able to locate a person with the scan tool who is willing to help out.