Old July 17th 05, 06:07 PM
danny burstein

In > "toller" > writes:

>There is a 40 year old "Dick VanDyke Show" where the "phone company" calls
>and tells him to stand up holding the phone, hop on one foot, and finally to
>cackle like a chicken.

>This isn't like that is it?
>You are serious and it won't blow anything out?!?!

Indeed it's legit. The self-test cycle, among other
things, moves the damper (or tries...) to the "start"
(for want of a better term) position before going
through the whole sequence. So... it's possible
(that's a possible, nowhere near a definit) that
it'll succeed in resetting everything.

It depends on why and how exactly the damper is
in the wrong place...