Old March 3rd 05, 10:28 PM
Julian Edge

"Andy Turner" > wrote in message

> You'd be a fool to think that they're going to reward loyalty.

They would be fools not to have seen the blatant coercive use of 'customer
loyalty' as a weapon of control in today's consumerist society.

> I *honestly* wouldn't be surprised if they were actually trying to get
> shut of you as a customer because they'd rather work on newer cars
> where the work is more predictable and goes to plan because things
> aren't seized up, broken, worn or threaded.

Now you are srarting to think.

Wouldn't it be nice, though'but if they were to consider the political /
marketing / socially responsible effects of encouraging the ideas of
maintaining the planets resources through reliability and longevity of
design?

They've actually built a car that will 'run for ever' and they choose to
penalise me because I bought one.

See? Now I'm rambling. Curse you, Turner!