Old October 12th 04, 12:54 AM
Plasticman

Interesting indeed,

If you are having the dealer do tyhe oil service on it, shouldn't they be
spotting it, noting it, and trying to seel me the replacement part? This is
what really burns me. I'm not a gearhead, so i'm not up under my cars on a
monthly basis. I pay good money for their service work. I do it because I
expect a level of service. Maybe Glenn, you provide that level, but my
local sure didn't.

GJ
"maxpower" > wrote in message
> Interesting!! If the oil pan rusted out from the outside in, then im sure
> the pan was beatin up causing the paint to chip away thus causing rust, if
> it rusted from the inside out!!! impossible.... If the pan did rust from

the
> outside in.... somewhere, somehow this vehicle lacks serious

maintenance!!!
> wouldnt you see the rust and repair the pan before it got to this point??

> believe there is more to this story then what is being told...... I cant

see
> any assisstance from Chrysler or any other manufacuter helping out
> Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
> "Plasticman" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I had a critical failure in my 2000 GC last week. The oil pan seems to

> have
> > rusted through, and drained out all the oil. The big issue is that I

was