Old June 2nd 05, 08:43 PM
Steve

Peter wrote:

> Dodge Durango 99 5.9L, converted to run on LPG (single point). When running
> on LPG injectors are disconnected to prevent them from working (or rather
> the common positive lead is routed thru resistor so that voltage drop on
> injectors is insufficient for them to operate), and naturally PCM complains
> about open injector circuits. Alldata is pretty vague about P0201-P0208
> codes, and only says "if induction kick is not detected PCM will set the
> code". Apparently it checks not just for correct resistance but also for the
> 'inductive kick'.
>
> Anybody knows how to properly emulate injectors on this engine?
>
> Peter

If it were me, I'd probably just ignore the check-engine light :-)

But I wonder if you could wind a set of 8 iron-core electromagnets to be
the same inductance as a fuel injector, and then have the LPG system cut
over to the bank of "dummy" injectors. The fact that they don't have a
moving pintle might affect the waveform a bit, but I bet it wouldn't be
enough to trip the computer. It would add a lot of complexity since you
would have to put in 8 relays to switch over from the real injectors to
the dummies, intstead of a single relay to cut in the resistor on the
common side.