Old May 31st 05, 01:24 AM
The Real Bev

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:15:27 -0700, "C.H." >
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:56:39 -0700, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> >
> >> Way to go, California Legislature. It's ILLEGAL for these assholes to
> >> modify their exhaust systems - if they want to save their hearing, then
> >> they need to obey the ****ing law. Passing laws that make it easier for
> >> these pricks to break other laws is counterproductive, to say the least.

I would guess that hog-riders with loud exhausts are not the target of this
law.

> >Have you ever ridden a normal motorcycle with legal exhaust? The exhaust
> >is not the problem, the wind noise on the helmet is.

> I've never ridden a motorcycle, but I know several people who have.
> None of them every mentioned wearing earplugs.

Wind noise is even a problem on a bicycle at about 30 mph. I don't know if
it's the wind whistling by my ears or the wind whistling through the holes in
my helmet (I always wear a bike helmet and I always wore a MC helmet), but
it's pretty damn loud.

When I was riding my street motorcycle it got a whole lot quieter when I got a
full-face helmet with close-fitting padding, and I had nice legal Suzuki GS550
mufflers. It actually never occurred to me to wear earplugs because I want to
hear as much outside noise as I can. I hate driving a car when I can't keep
the driver's window open a smidge.

--
Cheers, Bev