Old January 1st 05, 09:02 PM
kalexand33

Default Car Dies When Stops; Excudes Burning Smell from Exhaust; Can I drive to on road trip today?

I have a 93 Altima that, beginning last night, is often dying when I stop
at a stop light. The RPM needle is low and jumps quite a bit -- it also
excudes an awful burning smell out of the exhaust. Generally, when I'm
accelerating, it's okay -- but a couple occassions today, I noticed the
needle jumping quite a bit when I'm going 30-40 MPH.

Also, the past few weeks I noticed the engine doesn't heat up well --
usually when I turn the heater on, the engine cools off and doesn't blow
out much heat. Don't know if it's related. The oil is a pinkish color --
not light brown. It was changed about a month ago. The distributor and
spark plugs are new -- only a few months old.

I need to drive from Chicago from Milwaukee later today. No mechanics
open on new year's. any tips? advice?