Old November 24th 04, 07:11 PM
Mike Ellison

Corvette wrote:
> Until the price on the C5 LED taillights gets into the realm of reality, I
> thought I'd try some of these cluster led bulb replacment units, and I must
> say, they work quite well, their response time is WAY qicker than the stock
> filament lamp, and they are plenty bright. The problem is that they don't
> provide enough load on the flasher module, so the system blinks too fast,
> like when a lamp is blown. I guess I have to add a resistor to the works.
> Anybody done this who can make some recommendations ?
>
> Kevin
> Black 2000 Coupe

Helped a neighbor kid with same problem on an Eclipse. Just paralleled a
regular lamp across each side of turn signal wiring. Hid the lamps in
the trunk. Not pretty but it worked--flashed a bit slow with the total
load of the lamp and the LED unit. One lamp plus the two led units in
the 'vette should work OK. HTH....Mike