Old August 6th 04, 01:21 PM
Martin

In case any one is interested, I ended up buying a Britax Renaissance.

I nearly got an Isofix duo but it didn't seem secure enough (strangely!).

The renaissance fits extremely well in the 156 (and in the front seat of my
wifes 200SX). It has a "foot" which extends out of the bottom of the seat
pressing in to the car seat after the belt has been attached. This makes it
rock solid (although it does leave an indentation in the seat).

I found many of the car seats unsuitable due to the long(ish) seat belt
buckle strap in the 156 which should fit flush against the side of the seat
and not pivot on it at all. The renaissance works because it is quite a
big seat, with an outer frame which provides extra distance for the buckle
strap.

Martin.