Old September 7th 04, 03:44 AM
Libby

Default 1.8T Oil issue -- cost

I'm posting to both groups because I own two cars: a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T
Avant and a 2003 VW Passat 1.8T. I haven't seen much discussion on the
*cost* of the synthic oil issue.

I got both notices regarding the synthetic engine oil issue (one for
each auto) on the same day. However, it wasn't until my VW dealer did
the change over on the Passat that I began to realize the cost issues.
The oil changes using synthetic are going to be at least twice as much
as for a regular oil change. So, the oil maintenance costs have
effictively DOUBLED for the life of each vehicle.

Needless to say, I'm a little ticked. But, I'm not too car savvy (I'm
now seeing the error in having two vehicles with the same engine). Is
this just a problem I'm going to have to such up? If it's their
mistake, why do I have to undertake the additional costs?

Can anyone enlighten me? Or offer suggestions or remedies??

Thanks for any help,
Libby