Old August 8th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default License covers to reflect red light cameras?

> gpsman said in rec.autos.driving:
> wrote:
> > A while back i saw some infomercial about a protective license plate
> > cover to will reflect any red light cameras that tries to take a
> > picture of the license plates. Does anyone know the name of this
> > protective cover? Any website carrying this? Thanks.

> Googling "license plate cover, red light cameras" returned

http://www.laserveil.com/license-plate/covers/ in "0.30 seconds".

From the website:

"VEIL works by significantly reducing the reflection that occurs from
today's high-tech retro-reflective license plates."

Wouldn't a piece of steel wool and a little elbow grease accomplish the
same thing?

> Are you certain you should be driving? (I think I hurt my finger.)

There you go again, assuming that government is completely honest,
forthright, aboveboard and ethical.

--
F orever
B enefitting