Old March 1st 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default 1971 Type 3 ?

Hey, everyone -

Wondering what the consensus is on t his VW - I am completely new to the
"Air-Cooled" world and have seen a GORGEOUS Type 3 with only 56k miles.
Apparently it was a "third car" for a number of years. It looks great it
has had some work on the body and interior, and I would have a mechanic
check it over at the point of purchasing it.

Would this be a good choice for city/ short distance transportation?
I live very close to work and rarely drive the freeways, anyway.
Some people have "warned" me that the VWs of this era were "problematic"
but that could be a reference to the power...

Thanks!
Brian