Old July 24th 05, 07:57 AM
Abeness

Frank Boettcher wrote:
> First check the top radiator hose. Is it hot when the engine is hot.
> If not you have a sticking t-stat.

In my 94 the thermostat is on the engine side of the *bottom* hose. Top
hose got hot, bottom remained cool after the point at which he
thermostat should have opened. Thermostat was stuck, and I was
experiencing overheating similar to what Bruce describes.

Try replacing the thermostat first, Bruce--simple, cheap, and why spend
good $$ on the other stuff when it could just be the thermostat? ;-)
Solved my overheating.

Also, remember your heater: it doubles as a radiator when your
thermostat sticks. Set the heater/defroster on full blast and watch your
temp gauge drop (as long as you aren't accelerating a lot, that is).