Old September 12th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
papabearcare

Default Ford F-150 clutch slave cylinder replacement

George Brims wrote:
> My son has a 2003 F-150 with 25k miles on it, and the clutch slave
> cylinder just let go. I thought this would be a simple fix based on past
> experience with other vehicles, but the damn thing appears to be inside
> the bell housing behind a plastic cover. Has anyone out there changed
> one of these before? The main question is can I change the damn thing
> without removing the transmission? Somewhat expensive proposition to
> replace a $5 set of O-rings!

George: The slave cylinder is held in by a spring lock connector
simliar to the way the fuel sysytem hoses are connected, ... you need a
tool that is specific only to this application of Ford Slave Cylinders.
It will only cost you approx 20.00 but, I know of no other way of
removing the slave cylinder with out fear of damaging the housing, and
damaging the housing might not allow the new slave cylinder to remain
seated properly.
I am not sure where you are located, but I could get one to you,
.... or I'm sure if you have contact with your local Snap On Tool
Dealer, ... I'm quite sure any dealer would have this tool in stock.

Thanks,

Ron Care