Old March 28th 06, 12:25 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

Default It's not Speed, it's Not Stopping

gpsman wrote:
> SD Dave wrote: <brevity snip>
>
>>The part that bothered me is that an officer who was present when I
>>gave a statement referred to this as a speed related crash. It was
>>not at all speed related. It was a dumbass related crash, compounded
>>by the dumbass being an illegal immigrant.
>>
>>Chalk up another one to the "bad statistics" pile.

> 'Fraid not. Too fast for conditions = speed related.

Are you deliberately being argumentative, or just having a stupid day?
You do know that these "speed related" labels are used to justify lower
speed limits, right? Do you think that a lower speed limit would have
prevented this crash? Of course not. Do you think that another driver
traveling at the same speed could have avoided crashing? Sure sounds
like it... so HTF do you justify calling this "speed related?" If this
is "speed related" than every crash is speed related, as if neither of
the vehicles involved were moving the crash wouldn't have happened...

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel