Old March 7th 05, 01:58 PM

joe wrote:
> 1994! I've contacted a local firm that rebuilds & balance's Props ,so

if it
> gets a bit warmer soon I'll take the Prop off & let them rebuild it .

If indeed it is the prop it might just be the rubber guibo. I don't
know how much work it is to replace the centre bearing but I'd guess
not much. The prop should come balanced from the factory. It could be
the flywheel though, at least in part. ...or engine mounts or similar.

On another car I have a garage diagnosed a "missing centre bearing" and
quoted UKP 325 (~US600) for a recon propshaft. Actually it was just
the rubber bearing support that had degraded and cost UKP 15 for a new
one. In fact, all that's there right now is a loop of old fuel pipe.