Old February 8th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
JK Coney
Default Keeping Fry Alive

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:49:09 -0500, "JK Coney"

Exactly what do the adults do to keep the free swimming fry alive that I
can't? I wait until they are swimming a couple of days. I've tried a
times to remove some to a hanging breeder, and they all die within hours.
Water and temp are the same, and I add a drop or 2 of tube fry food.

That depends on the species. Some cichlids are very difficult to raise
from fry while others are easy.

I'm just puzzled as to why they are swimming fine and almost as soon as
I take them away, they die off?

JK Sinrod