Old May 13th 05, 02:22 AM
David

On Thu, 12 May 2005 19:24:36 UTC, wrote:

> In North America, I'm looking for a vehicle with either awd/rwd/4x4,
> diesel/turbo diesel, and a manual transmission. Does it exist? All I
> can find are diesel VW's that don't have the set up I want since they
> are all fwd (terrible). And then there are the full sized trucks that
> can be had with big diesels. The full sized trucks are way more
> vehicle than I will ever need. The suburus and the audi's are all only
> offered with gas engines.
>
> So what gives?
>
> Anything that falls under the category that is not mentioned on the
> list.

If it doesn't exist and you want it, find a way to make it. Perhaps
a local (experienced) mechanic can recommend a combination of engine,
transmission, chasis, and body that will suit your needs. It will
cost you some time and money though. There are many people out there
who customize engines for other vehicles. I don't see why a diesel
would be particularly special to place in another vehicle.

David