Old May 12th 05, 06:46 AM
Will Honea

He says the fuel rail is pressurized and has no injector pulse - can
you think of anything besides the cam sensor that would inhibit the
injectors but not the spark? I assumed that the fuel pressure stayed
up during cranking. That long crank to start the Renix MPI 4.0 like
ours appears to be due to waiting for the #1 tdc pulse before putting
fuel to the cylinders. This also sounds a lot like the recall for the
'87 XJ/MJ where the Cam sensor leads were breaking off at the
distributor.

--
Will Honea