Old February 3rd 04, 09:25 PM
noname

In article >,
says...

> "aniram" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I only recall two hybrid vehicles curently in the market : Honda
> > Insight/Civic and Toyota Prius.
> > Questions :
> > 1. Are they ready to make it into bigger version... like an SUV ? It
> > would be a good advertisement to sell an SUV which has mileage as
> > efficient as a regular sedan.
> > 2. Is the hybrid technology possible for a larger SUV car ?
> > 3. If the two japanese automakers go it alone... will it impact the
> > SUV market into their favours?
> > 4. Where are the 3 big automakers position on hybrid, electric or even
> > alternative hydrogen cell cars nowadays? Will not they be left behind?
> > Honda and Toyota have already cars in the market.
> > I saw that electric car by Ford in California, but does it disappear
> > now ? What happened ? When will the hydrogen fuel cell cars start in
> > mass production ?

> I think Ford is coming out with an Escape hybrid in 2005.

Heh - the Escape hybrid was supposed to be available in 2004. Probably
Q4 2004 I'd bet.

Certainly electric drive systems are available for large vehicles -
trains are a perfect example. It is energy storage that happens to be
the next area where a breakthrough is necessary before hybridization of
larger vehicles can take place.