Old November 14th 04, 10:47 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>
> Ah - but that's the dillema, the paradox, of your cause. In order to
> have any support in the base of the Democratic party, you will have to
> get (or, should I say, stay) in bed with the likes of Michael Moore.

Oh I love it when conservatives think they know how to best run the
Democratic party!

> know and am related to Christians who think Michael Moore is wonderful.
> Like I say - quite a dilemma dna quite a paradox.
>
> You start dis'ing Michael Moore and his kind, telling them they can't be
> the darlings of their convention, that they have to stay in the
> background and keep their mouths shut, etc., and they will turn against
> the party. The support for it was already marginal enough. I'm
> thinking, and you probably realize in your heart of hearts, that the
> needle of the Dems pushing the gay marriage agenda *AND* simultaneously
> getting elected into political power is not threadable - unless they
> don't run openly on the agenda but keep it as a hidden agenda - but
> people would not fall for it - the people who would do that aren't smart
> enough to pull it off. Reality is a bitch.

Bill, did you ever read about this thing called "Prohibition" that happened
in
the history of this country?

Did you ever realize that Prohibition was opposed by the vast majority of
Americans
before, during, and after Prohibition?

Yet, it passed and became the law of the land.

American history is filled with many examples of a minority managing to
get it's way against the majority. That is what happened with slavery,
as a matter of fact, the majority of Americans wern't in favor of freeing
the
Blacks during the civil war.

The majority of times when the minority gets its way, if they can get their
way for long enough, they can convince the majority to come around to their
side. That is what happened with Abortion, which is why the conservatives
are still so ****ed-off about it. Sore losers.

Sometimes though, it does blow up in the minority's faces, such as
Prohibition
did.

Now, I will be the first to say that the pro-gay-marriage crowd doesen't
really
give a **** about the Democratic party. The problem is that this crowd has
a lot of money and during this last election, the movers and shakers in the
Democratic party thought that they could get away with taking the money of
this crowd, without getting tied up into their politics. The results of the
2004
election have proven that to be false, and the movers and shakers in the
Democratic party aren't going to make that mistake a second time, and you
will
see the gay-marriage crowd being quitely told to get lost.

But, just because this is going to happen, doesen't mean that chances of
the gay marriage agenda passing are going to get worse. The
pro-gay-marriage
people know that fighting this battle at the state's level is a waste of
time.
Gay marriage must be recognized universally, and globally, for it to really
exist. For that to happen, gay marriage must be guarenteed at a federal
level.

What I think they are laying the groundwork for is another major judicial
decision, a-la Roe vs Wade, that will invalidate a state law that denies
gay marriage. For this to happen of course, you need 5 things, first
you need to have some states with a law permitting gay marriage, second
you need to have some states with a law denying gay marriage, third
you need a test case, forth you need a strict constitutional interpretist
Supreme Court, and last you need a US congress that won't immediately
put into effect a Constitutional Convention and install an anti-gay-marriage
amendment into the US Constitution, in the wake of such a decision.

My guess is they are going to let all the pre-Age-of-Aquarius generation
die off before initiating the test case, because they know that anyone
over age 50 will **** gold bricks in opposition to the idea of gay marriage.
So, look for something like this to be initiated around year 2030. In the
meantime there's a lot of groundwork that still needs to be laid, if you
know what I mean. ;-)

Ted